This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
The focus of this qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Complying with organisational standards.
- Motivating an individual or team.
- Negotiating in a work situation.
- Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
- Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.
The learners who achieve this qualification will be able to demonstrate competencies in management relating to Planning, Organising, Leading, Controlling and Ethics. Overall, this qualification will ensure that learners are capable of:
- Developing plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Leading a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Making decisions based on a code of ethics.
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
|Core||242829||Monitor the level of service to a range of customers||Level 4||5|
|Core||242819||Motivate and Build a Team||Level 4||10|
|Core||242811||Prioritise time and work for self and team||Level 4||5|
|Core||242817||Solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions||Level 4||8|
|Fundamental||119472||Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication||Level 3||5|
|Fundamental||119457||Interpret and use information from texts||Level 3||5|
|Fundamental||119467||Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes||Level 3||5|
|Fundamental||119465||Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts||Level 3||5|
|Fundamental||9015||Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems||Level 4||6|
|Fundamental||119462||Engage in sustained oral/signed communication and evaluate spoken/signed texts||Level 4||5|
|Fundamental||119469||Read/view, analyse and respond to a variety of texts||Level 4||5|
|Fundamental||9016||Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts||Level 4||4|
|Fundamental||7468||Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues||Level 4||6|
|Fundamental||12153||Use the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment||Level 4||5|
|Fundamental||119459||Write/present/sign for a wide range of contexts||Level 4||5|
|Elective||13915||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace||Level 3||4|
|Elective||242812||Induct a member into a team||Level 3||4|
|Elective||242820||Maintain records for a team||Level 3||4|
|Elective||242818||Describe the relationship of junior management to other roles||Level 4||5|
|Elective||242813||Explain the contribution made by own area of responsibility to the overall organisational strategy||Level 4||5|
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
1. Develop plans to achieve defined objectives.
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION FORM
|Company / Institution / Department:|
|Amount of Learners:|
|Address where training should be done:|
Please print this form and send to:
Liezl van der Westhuizen
082 373 0971