R 4,000.00 VAT Inclusive
This learning programme is intended for all persons who need to conduct an outcomes-based assessment. This generic assessor unit standard applies to those who assess people for the achievement of learning outcomes in terms of specified criteria using pre-designed assessment instruments. The outcomes and criteria may be defined in a range of documents including, but not limited to, unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications.
Those who achieve this unit standard will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. This unit standard contributes towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications, particularly within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
People credited with this unit standard are able to carry out assessments in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that are free of all bias and discrimination, and pay particular attention to addressing inequalities caused by race, gender and disability.
The programme content is written on the assumption that those starting to learn this unit standard, which is you as the candidate-assessors, have no previous assessment experience. It is assumed, though, that the candidate-assessors know how to evaluate within the area of learning in which they intend to assess.
This programme is outcomes-based which means we take the responsibility of learning away from the facilitator and place it in your hands.
Your learning will begin in the training room where you will identify the skills and knowledge you require in order to meet the specific outcomes and assessment criteria contained in the unit standard.
In this programme, we will be covering the following learning outcomes:
- demonstrate an understanding of outcomes-based assessment
- prepare for assessments
- conduct assessments
- provide feedback on assessments
- review assessments.
During the program, you will complete a number of class activities that will form part of your formative assessment. These give you have the opportunity to practice and explore your new skills in a safe environment.
The program will be followed by summative assessment tasks to be completed on your own in your workplace. In some cases, you may be required to do research and complete the tasks in your own time.
It is important to note that it is your responsibility, as the candidate-assessor, to prove your competence. You therefore need to plan your time and ensure that your Portfolio of Evidence is kept up to date and handed in on time.
A Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) is a collection of documents of work you have produced to prove your competence. You will compile your portfolio from activities, tools and checklists associated with the unit standard and relevant to the unit standard being assessed.
What Will I Learn?
- After completing this module, the candidate-assessor will be able to provide feedback on assessments, by successfully completing the following:
- Give feedback to relevant parties in accordance with confidentiality requirements, in an appropriate sequence and within agreed timeframes
- Ensure that feedback is clear and confined to strengths and weaknesses in performance and/or requirements for further evidence in relation to the outcome/s at hand
- Ensure that the type and manner of feedback is constructive, culturally sensitive and related to the relevant party’s needs. Provide sufficient information to enable the purpose of the assessment to be met, and to enable parties to make further decisions
- Obtain feedback on the assessment process from the learner and provide opportunities for clarification and explanations concerning the entire assessment
- Deal with disputes and/or appeals that arise according to the assessment policy
- Record agreements reached and key elements of the feedback in line with the requirements of the organization’s quality assurance system
Welcome to this learning programme which will help you learn how to conduct outcomes-based assessment.
To provide candidate-assessors with the required knowledge and skills to:
- conduct outcomes-based assessment
As you work your way through the learning programme you will gain competence in the following Unit Standard:
|Programme||LP6: Conduct outcomes-based assessment|
|Unit Standard||SAQA ID 115753: Conduct outcomes-based assessment NQF Level 5, 15 Credits|