R 1,217.39 VAT Inclusive
The purpose of the unit standard (12153) requires learners to follow a process in writing texts and reports required in business. It is intended to promote clear, unambiguous communication in plain language and to improve the quality of written reports and other texts that are specific to a business environment, require a particular format, and may include specified legislated requirements. The unit standard enables learners to recognise and effectively use textual conventions and features specific to business texts.
– Please note: This product is sold as self-study content. No teaching assistance or credit-bearing assessment is included in this offer. Should you wish to enroll for training on this topic, please select the relevant product.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- using textual features and conventions specific to texts
- identifying the intended audience for the communication
- identifying the purpose of a text
- selecting the appropriate text type, format and layout for the purpose
- organising and structuring a technical text appropriately
- using appropriate grammar conventions
- drafting and editing a technical text
- recognising errors and checking for accuracy
- presenting the same information in different ways
- using plain language in business