R 217.39 VAT Inclusive
The purpose of this unit standard (8967) is to facilitate how to learn and to ensure that learners are able to cope in the context of learnerships, skills programmes and other programmes. Many adult learners in the FET band have not been in an educational situation for a long time, and need strategies to learn and study and skills to enable successful progression.
Learners competent at this level will be able to deal with learning materials, to access and use useful resources, to seek clarification and help when necessary, and apply a range of learning strategies. They do this with an understanding of the features and processes of the workplaces and occupations to which their learning programmes refer.
This unit standard (8962) will be useful to learners who need a sound foundation of spoken language ability for further language growth, and for application in real-life contexts. Learners talk confidently in both formal and informal contexts and actively listen for ideas and information in interactions with other people. They are aware of the ways others speak to influence listeners and audiences. In conveying their ideas and information they select the language and a register that is accessible to their audience and fit for their purpose.
– Please note: This product is sold as self-study content. No teaching assistance or credit-bearing assessment is included in this offer. Should you wish to enrol for training on this topic, please select the relevant product. These USs are past their registration date. Should you wish to acquire this for credits, please note that it can only be achieved as part of a full qualification.
Learners credited with this standard are able to:
- find and use suitable learning resources
- use learning strategies
- manage occupational learning programme materials
- plan and gather relevant information for use in a given context
- function in a team
- reflect on how characteristics of the workplace and occupational context affect learning
Learners credited with this unit standard are able to:
- use a variety of strategies to maintain communication
- adapt speech to accommodate cultural sensitivities without losing own meaning
- use knowledge of language structures and conventions to shape or decode meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary or constructions
- organise and present information in a focused and coherent manner
- identify and explain how speakers influence audiences.